Key in designing, architecting and implementing a distributed application for processing large sets of genomic data. The application was deployed to a Kubernetes cluster and was designed as an asynchronous, micro-services application. I designed and implemented from the ground up all of the CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps along with the Kubernetes deployments. I also coded the base framework for many of the services within the application. Some of the other technologies used in the application are Kafka, as the message bus, Python Flask, as the framework for handling RESTful API requests/response, SQLAlchemy, as the relational database ORM. The API part of the application was designed as an API first approach using the OpenAPI 3.0 specification.
I also collaborated with various other projects to design and develop AWS solutions.
• Designed and developed CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps for a micro-services application that deploys into Kubernetes . The application manages and analyzes large, genomic data sets.
• Developed and maintained all Kubernetes deployments for the genomics part of the business. The services were primarily written in Python where the API layer utilized Flask, SQAlchemy, Marshmallow and OpenAPI 3.0.
• Key in designing and developing many of the micro-services for the application that is used to analyze the genomic data.
• Designed and developed an ASP.Net application to manage accounts and clients.
• Designed and developed AWS solution to manage regulated clinical data.
• Helped the Cloud-Operations team design and architect cloud solutions in AWS for various projects.
Give technical direction for cloud solutions, along with making recommendations for devops solutions for clients. Also helped form a spin-off company where currently I’m designing, architecting and developing a platform/e-commerce application. It is architected as an event-sourced, micro-services architecture deployed to EKS clusters with some serverless components.
• Designed and developed CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps that deploys to AWS. All of the pipelines are fully gated with quality checks on the built artifacts, such as checking unit-test code coverage.
• Designed and developed event sourcing infrastructure that is used by all of the microservices within the application.
• Development is using a TDD approach where all unit tests are ran and code coverage checked before building the artifacts.
• Developed all Cloudformation templates that are used to build the AWS resources necessary to run the application.
• Developed all Kubernetes manifests for deployment of the artifacts to the EKS cluster using Kustomize.
• Designed/Developed RESTful API for the platform, where the backend is written predominantly in .Net 5.0.
• Setup authentication using AWS Cognito where it is terminated at the ingress controller in the cluster.
• Frontend is developed using Blazor WASM.